Thursday, February 4, 2010

insert clever blog title here.

a few things.

first of all, the death of j.d. salinger. i didn't talk about this in my private blog (although judging by his former character, he'd likely prefer that arena). there is nothing to say, really, except that he was an exceptional man, and one of the first authors who ever made me truly believe i could also be a writer (i should probably mention my former college education and literary pursuits at some point). i was quite wee when i read my first salinger work, but i remember thinking: wow, i can be this frank in a novel? i can say awkward things, and that's ok? i was just floored. i think it's something all youngsters at some point realize, via one way or another - yes, it is okay to be brutally and painfully honest, and sad and confused, and to talk about it. that's a big realization for a young one. i consider it one of my first important life lessons. that and being potty trained. that has been super useful.

anyway, enough of that.

my other announcement (are these announcements?) is simply that if you're an etsy customer of mine, please send me photos of your cats playing with their super cool toys, or whatever you purchased, and i shall start posting them here in my blog. i have a few already that i need to post, but i'm just saying. SEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment